Thursday, March 22, 2012

AurungZeb's Last Letter ---FAREWELL



Indian History Sourcebook:
The Great Moghul Aurangzeb
Farewell, 1707 CE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Robinson Introduction]: Aurangzeb, who died in 1707, was the last Great Moghul of importance.

Health to you!

My heart is near you. Old age is arrived: weakness subdues me, and strength has forsaken all my members. I came a stranger into this world and a stranger I depart. I know nothing of myself, what I am, or for what I am destined. The instant which has passed in power has left only sorrow behind it. I have not been the guardian and protector of the empire. My valuable time has been passed vainly. I had a patron in my own dwelling [i.e., conscience], but his glorious light was unseen by my dim sight. Life is not lasting; there is no vestige of departed breath, and all hopes from futurity are lost. The fever has left me; but nothing remains of me but skin and bone. . . The camp and followers, helpless and frightened, are like myself, full of alarms, restless as quicksilver. Separated from their lord, they know not if they have a master or not.

I brought nothing into this world, and, except the infirmities of man, carry nothing out. I have a dread for my salvation, and with what torments I may be punished. Though I have strong reliance on the mercies and bounties of God, yet, regarding my actions, fear will not quit me; but when I am gone reflection will not remain. Come then what may, I have launched my vessel in the waves. Though Providence will protect the camp, yet, regarding appearances, the endeavors of my sons are indispensable. Give my last prayers to my grandson, whom I cannot see, but the desire affects me. The Began [i.e., his daughter] appears afflicted; but God is the only judge of hearts. The foolish thoughts of women produce nothing but disappointment.

Farewell, farewell, farewell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the END os ALL Aurengzeb Died at ripe age of 89 her second daugher was at his side at the last breath
Some sya he fell from the stairs of a library and subsequently dies any way he DIED !! It is a fact

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home